Diversity Mission Statement:
Conroy Simberg is greatly committed to increasing diversity and inclusion at all levels within the firm regardless of race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, economic status, and or other diverse backgrounds so that the firm will reflect the demographics of our clients. Conroy Simberg works closely with the diversity committee to promote its diversity goals, and promote the value of having diverse attorneys in all firm activities. Our firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and it is our policy - from recruitment through employment and promotion - to provide equal employment opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other personal characteristics.
Members of the Conroy Simberg Diversity & Inclusion Committee:
- Tashia M. Small, Chair (Jacksonville)
- Cristobal A. Casal (Hollywood)
- Jacqueline M. Gregory (Hollywood)
- Melissa G. McDavitt (West Palm Beach)
- Christian Petric (West Palm Beach)
- Nicole F. Soto (Tampa)
- Sarah Finney Kjellin (Tallahassee; Thomasville, Ga.)
National Bar Association,Broward County Gay & Lesbian Lawyers Network, Cuban-American Bar Association, Asian-Pacific American Bar Association of South Florida, D.W. Perkins Bar Association (Jacksonville), Hillsborough Association Women Lawyers, Tampa Bay Hispanic Bar Association, The Caribbean Bar Association, TJ Reddick Bar Association (Miami), Virgil Hawkins Bar Association (Tallahassee), among others.
- Partners Kristan S. Coad, Tashia Small and Nicole Soto presented to the North Florida Chapter of IASIU for their October 2018 meeting.
- Tampa attorneys Nicole Soto and Dayana Echeverry conducted a sensitivity workshop for one of their clients. The workshop included sensitivity and anti-discrimination training as gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, and family status. Dayana also presented two of the workshops exclusively in Spanish.
- Six lawyers reflecting the firm's diverse team of outstanding attorneys have been named to the 2018 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists.
- Jackie Gregory, a partner in the Hollywood office, presented as part of an Interactive Panel Discussion at the 2018 Workers’ Compensation Conference. The topic of discussion was: “The Graying Effect: Managing Workers’ Compensation Claims and Exposures with a Maturing Workforce.”
- Britney A. Quow, an associate in the firm's Orlando office, has been appointed to The Florida Bar’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee for the 2018-2019 term.
- Melissa G. McDavitt, a partner in West Palm Beach, was named a finalist for South Florida Business & Wealth's 2018 Up & Comers Awards.