Brian S. Tenzer is an associate in the firm’s Hollywood office. Brian concentrates his practice in the areas of premises liability and general liability and casualty.
Brian received his Bachelor of Science in Criminology from Florida State University and worked as a Probation Officer with the Florida Department of Corrections. In 1996, he decided to pursue his law degree and graduated Magna Cum Laude from the Shepard Broad Law Center at Nova Southeastern University in 1999. He joined Conroy Simberg after practicing for twenty years investigating and litigating suspected fraudulent insurance claims and defending national and international trucking companies in catastrophic personal injury claims.
Mr. Tenzer is licensed to practice law in both state and federal jurisdictions in Florida and Texas. He has been a featured speaker on the subject of insurance fraud at many conferences sponsored by organizations such as the Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee (FIFEC), the Florida Advisory Committee on Arson Prevention, and the International Association of SIU Adjusters.
Admitted to Practice:
- Florida, 1999
- Texas, 2012
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2004
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas, 2019
- US District Court, Western District of Texas, 2019
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2020
- US District Court, Western District of Texas, 2020
- Florida State University, 1991
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad College of Law, 1999
- “Underwater: A Comprehensive Approach to Mopping Up Fraudulent Water Mitigation Claims 2.0” Utah Insurance Department Insurance Fraud Conference. Salt Lake City, Utah - May 21 and 22, 2019.
- “The Fast and Furious - Beyond the Basic Investigation of Suspected Fraudulent Vehicle Theft and Arson Claims” 2019 FIFEC Conference, June 5-7 (Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee).
- “Expert Preparation in the Suspected Arson Case” FACAP (Florida Advisory Committee on Arson Prevention). 41st Annual Seminar 2019.
- “Underwater: A Comprehensive Approach To Mopping Up Fraudulent Water Mitigation Claims 2.0” IASIU (International Association of SIU Adjusters) 2018.
- Presented at FIFEC (Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee):
- “Expert Advice – Strategies for a Competent Expert Opinion When Investigating and Litigating a Fraudulent Claim” 2018.
- “Underwater: Cleaning Up Fraudulent Water Mitigation Claims” 2016.
- “Super Deluxe Fraud Blaster - An In-Depth Analysis of Aggressive Pre-Suit Investigative Tools to Help Investigate and Combat Fraud” 2012.
- “The Answers are Blowing in the Wind - A Guide to ‘Outside the Box’ Thinking When Investigating and Litigating Claims.” National Windstorm Conference, 2010.
- “Underwater: Cleaning Up Fraudulent Water Mitigation Claims.” Claims Magazine April 2016. Published by Property Casualty 360°.
- “Mitigating the Fraud Potential in Disaster Claims” AFCE blog (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners) (Co-writer with Thomas Diana, Esq.) August 2015.
- “8 Scams to Watch Out for in 2016” AFCE Fraud magazine (Co-writer Zasha Rodriguez, Esq.) November 2015.
- “For Weathering the Storm, Businesses Must Have a Plan.” Published in Miami Herald June 2014.