Matthew J. Troy, a partner in Conroy Simberg’s Orlando office, represents employers, carriers, TPAs, uninsured employers, PEOs and self-insured funds in all types of workers’ compensation cases including permanent total disability, catastrophic injuries, toxic exposure, heart and lung bill presumption cases, drug test denials and PEO coverage. Board certified by The Florida Bar in Workers’ Compensation, he joined Conroy Simberg after working for a boutique firm handling cases throughout South Florida and the rest of the state.
Matt earned a juris doctor from the Florida State University College of Law. While in law school, he worked for Florida Representative Charlie Dean and the Florida Department of Transportation. Matt also holds an undergraduate degree in History from the University of Florida.
Admitted to Practice:
- Florida, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Middle District Florida, 2008
- Florida State University College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2007
- Phi Delta Phi, Legal Honor Society
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts, 2005
- Judge William Wieland American Inn of Court, Member
- The Florida Bar, Workers’ Compensation Section
- Orange County Bar Association
Honors & Awards:
- Board Certified in Workers' Compensation, The Florida Bar, 2014
- AV® Preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- "OH NO, ITS MATH: AWW Calculations, Social Security Disability Offsets and Grice Offsets," Co-presenter, Conroy Simberg Webinar, April 2019
- "Catastrophic Claims," Presenter, Conroy Simberg Webinar, February 2018
- "Is Time an Employee Spends Going to Workers’ Compensation Appointments ‘Compensable Time’ Under the FLSA?" News & 440 Report Volume XXXI, No. 6 Summer 2015
- "Apportionment Clarified: Staffmark v. Merrell," News & 440 Report Volume XXX, No. 1 Fall 2010
- Friends of 440 Scholarship Fund, Vice President for Scholarship Promotion, 2013 – Present
- Friends of 440 Scholarship Fund, Inc. is a non-profit organization recognized by the IRS as an organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. It has been in existence since 1991, and since then has awarded over 700 scholarships that total nearly $1.4 million which has been used to assist qualified college students to achieve their educational goals.
- Lambda Chi Alpha Epsilon Mu Housing Corp., President, 2015- Present
- Cornerstone Charter Academy SAC, Chairperson, 2015- Present