Stephan M. Greco, an associate in Conroy Simberg’s Hollywood office, practices in the areas of automobile litigation, general liability and casualty, Medicare Set Aside Allocation (MSA), premises liability, products liability, trucking litigation, and intentional torts. He is admitted to practice in all Florida State Courts and the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida. Stephan also serves as a member of Conroy Simberg's Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
Prior to joining the firm, Stephan gained significant experience at a boutique insurance defense firm where he oversaw the firm's operations and represented insurance carriers and their insured’s in all areas of general liability, as well as bad faith and coverage disputes on both the trial and appellate levels. Stephan relocated to South Florida to establish and supervise the civil litigation division of a statewide defense firm.
Stephan earned a juris doctor from Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University and served as President of the Student Bar Association and received the Wall Street Journal Award for outstanding academic achievement. After graduation from law school, Stephan was an Assistant State Attorney in Tallahassee where he was undefeated as a felony prosecutor and received national media coverage for his prosecution of a man charged with felony cruelty to animals.
Stephan also holds a bachelor of science degree from Florida State University.
Admitted to Practice:
- Florida State Courts, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2006
- The Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University, Juris Doctorate, 1997
- The Florida State University, Bachelors of Science, 1992
- Broward County Bar Association
- Stephen R. Booher Inns of Court
- Broward County Gay & Lesbian Lawyers Network
Honors & Awards:
- “Rising Star,” Super Lawyer Magazine, 2009
- Medicare Secondary Payer Act, Annual Firm Seminar, 2013
- Medicare Reporting Requirements, Conditional Payments & Set Asides, Tulsa, Oklahoma, October 2013
- Defending Premises Liability Claims, Glen Allen, Virginia, 2013
- Defending Wrongful Death Claims, Orlando, Florida, 2011
- Defending Negligent Security Claims, Tampa, Florida, 2010
- G.W. v “Convenience Store”
- A convenience store was sued by G.W. who alleged inadequate security following the stabbing death of G.W.'s son in the parking lot of the convenience store. G.W. sought several million dollars in damages. Stephan defended the convenience store and succeeded in having the case dismissed, and the dismissal affirmed on appeal.
- R.J. v “Hardware Store”
- A hardware store was sued by R.J. who alleged negligent sales practices following her son's fatal inhalation of nitrous oxide, obtained from a customer of the store, while he was driving. R.J. sought several million dollars in damages. Stephan defended the hardware store and succeeded in having the case dismissed. The dismissal affirmed on appeal.
- M.P. v “Hardware Store”
- In a matter unrelated to the above, a hardware store was sued by M.P. who alleged negligent sales practices following her son's purchase of nitrous oxide, which he took home and inhaled by placing a garbage bag over his head while home alone. M.P. sought several million dollars in damages, alleging the store knew, or should have known, her son intended to inhale the nitrous oxide. Stephan defended the hardware store and succeeded in having the case dismissed.
- C.C. v “Restaurant / Bar”
- C.C. sued the Restaurant/Bar following an incident she claimed was a gang rape after the restaurant closed, which involved one employee and several patrons. Stephan defended the Restaurant/Bar, proving the incident was consensual and resolved the case against the Restaurant/Bar for a nuisance value.
- Southern Scholarship Foundation, Board of Directors, 2015 - 2018
- Human Rights Campaign, 2005 – Present
- South Florida Steering Committee President, 2006 – 2009
- National Volunteer of the Year, 2009
- National Board of Governors, 2008-2009
- Ghost Light Society, Broward Center for the Performing Arts, 2012– Present
- Mothers Against Drunk Drivers, Fort Lauderdale Chapter
- Committee Member, Annual 5K/Walk for Life