An associate in Conroy Simberg’s Hollywood office, William David Newman, Jr. represents clients in commercial litigation, professional liability, and complex litigation defense for financial institutions. He is admitted to practice in all Florida State Courts and in the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida.
During his career, David has served as counsel for many national banking institutions and mortgage lenders, handling multifaceted civil litigation and appeals in state and federal courts throughout the United States. He has also represented small and medium-size business clients in commercial and real property disputes, employee and premises liability claims.
David attended Temple University while working as a broadcast journalist and on-air talent with several radio stations in Philadelphia. After graduating with honors from the College of Media and Communications, his experiences in media brought him into contact with many members of the legal community, which led him to pursue legal studies at the Delaware Law School in nearby Wilmington, Delaware. While in law school, David was a finalist in moot-court appellate competitions and was inducted in to the Harrington Inns of Court after earning honors in trial advocacy.
Admitted to Practice:
- Florida, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2001
- The Delaware Law School of Widener University, Wilmington, Delaware, Juris Doctor, 1988
- Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, B.A., cum laude, College of Media and Communications, 1984
- The Florida Bar
- The Bars of the U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- The Broward County Bar Association
Honors & Awards:
- Selected for membership in the Harrington Inns of Court, Wilmington, Delaware
- Recognition for Pro Bono representation of indigent clients in civil litigation, Broward Lawyers Care, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Creditor’s Rights in Florida, SunTrust Bank, Richmond, Virginia, 2013
- Florida Major Appellate Case Updates for National Banks and Mortgage Lenders, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 2009-2015
- Overview of Florida Creditor’s Rights Under Federal and State Law, GMAC Financial, San Diego, California 2004-2005
- Bank of America, N.A. v. Vidal, 178 So. 3d 961 (Fla. 3d DCA 2015).
- B&T Ventures v. Federal National Mortgage Association, 189 So. 3d 766 (Fla. 2d DCA 2016).
- Calixte v. Federal National Mortgage Association, 211 So. 3d 1084 (Fla. 3d DCA 2017).
- Evans v. HSBC Bank USA, N.A., 223 So. 3d 1059 (Fla. 2d DCA 2017).
- HSBC Mortgage v. Mullan, 159 So. 3d 250 (Fla. 2d DCA 2015).