Hope Baros concentrates her practice in First Party Property and Coverage. Prior to joining the firm, Baros was an Assistant State Attorney in the Palm Beach County State Attorney’s Office where she served in a variety of divisions as a trial lawyer. She tried more than 90 felony and misdemeanor cases including attempted murder, gang violence, drug trafficking, economic fraud, and domestic violence, and was selected to be the primary environmental crimes prosecutor. Her extensive background allows her to apply her broad experience in prosecuting significant crimes to provide an effective and measured defense in personal injury and construction type claims and commercial and residential property claims.
Hope earned her Juris Doctor from The Shepard Broad College of Law at Nova Southeastern University and a Bachelor's of Arts degree in Sociology from the University of Florida. She served two years as the President of the Palm Beach County Chapter of the Nova Law School Alumni Association. In addition to The Florida Bar, Hope is an active member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association where she currently serves as co-chair for the Social Justice and Racial Equality Committee for the 2020-2021 year.
Admitted to Practice:
- Nova Southeastern University, Juris Doctorate, 2013
- University of Florida, 2010
- Palm Beach County Bar Association:
- Social Justice and Racial Equality Committee, Co-Chair, 2020-2021
- Member, Young Lawyers Section, 2013-present
- Member on the Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Criminal Practice Committee, Co-Chair, 2016-2017
- The Florida Bar
Honors and Awards:
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, 2021 (Insurance Law)
- "How to Talk About Race in the Workplace." Moderator, Palm Beach County Bar Association Webinar, November 2020
- 2019 Upperclassmen Feinrider Competition Oral Argument Bench Brief, Moot Court Society, Panel Speaker (Judge), Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, September 2019
- Introduction to Legal Professionalism and Ethics Program (PEP), 2019 Orientation, Panel Speaker, Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, August 2019
- Judge for Student Trial Advocacy Competition (STAC) hosted by the American Association for Justice, March 2019
- 2018 Upperclassmen Feinrider Competition Oral Argument Bench Brief, , Moot Court Society, Panel Speaker (Judge), Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, September 2018
- Legal Professionalism and Ethics Program (PEP), Panel Speaker, Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, August 2018
- Lunch and Learn Trial Practice Series for the Palm Beach County Bar Association’s Criminal Practice Committee, Co-chaired, with Judges John Kastrenakes and Samantha Schosberg Feuer. Attorneys participated in a live mock trial forum based on an accident reconstruction fact pattern, thereby allowing participants to perfect their trial skills, specifically in the areas of Voir Dire, Direct and Cross-Examination of an Expert, and Closing Argument, January/February 2018.