Hope Baros Will Moderate a Panel Discussion on How to Talk About Race in the Workplace
Posted in Announcements on November 10, 2020
Hope N. Baros, an associate in the firm’s West Palm Beach office and member of the firm’s First Party Property and Coverage Division, will be a moderator for a Zoom Webinar titled, “How to Talk About Race and Race Relationships in the Workplace” on November 19, 2020 at 6pm. The Zoom webinar is presented by The Committee for Diversity & Inclusion of The Palm Beach County Bar.
Hope is an active member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association where she currently serves as co-chair for the Social Justice and Racial Equality Committee for the 2020-2021 year.
The Zoom Webinar will discuss:
- Implicit and explicit bias, purported racial privilege, interpersonal relations within the workplace among professionals.
- How to recognize personal biases and privilege.
- How to serve as allies in helping others recognize their own biases and privilege.
- How to generate a call to action and begin the conversation within the workplace, regarding race relationships in the country today.
- The Do's and Don’ts of discussing race in the workplace under Florida Law.
Click here to view the agenda and to register. This seminar is FREE to all.