Jayne Ann Skrzysowski-Pittman, Chair of Conroy Simberg's Construction Practice Group in Orlando, defends general contractors, subcontractors, manufacturers, suppliers and design professionals in complex construction defect litigation, and products liability cases in civil, federal and arbitration venues. She also represents carriers at mediation on insurance coverage issues relating to construction litigation to include additional insured recovery and indemnification demands. She has been the primary lead counsel in numerous multimillion-dollar construction defect cases including residential, multi-family, single family custom homes, condominiums and commercial buildings with values in excess of $20 million. She consistently represents all types of construction relating to building products and components ranging from siding, windows, roofs to exterior stucco and paint.
Board certified in Construction Law, Jayne has completed more than 100 construction meditations and defended more than 75 expert depositions of engineers, architects and industry executives. In addition, she has presented seminars throughout Florida and at national venues on construction topics that include additional insured recovery to adjusters and construction professionals.
Jayne currently serves as the 2018-2019 Chair of The Florida Bar's Construction Law Certification Committee.
Admitted to Practice:
- Florida, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2005
- University of Miami School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1997
- U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s School, 1998
- University of Scranton, Master of Arts in American History, summa cum laude, 1994
- University of Scranton, Bachelor of Arts in American History, magna cum laude, 1994
- Construction Law Certification Committee, The Florida Bar, Member, July 2015 - July 2018; Chair, July 2018 - July 2019
- DRI Construction Leadership Committee, 2015-2016
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Member
- U.S. Army JAG Fort Bragg, North Carolina, 1997 – 2003
Honors & Awards:
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2019, Listed in Florida for Construction Law
- Board Certified in Construction Law, The Florida Bar, 2014
- AV Preeminent Peer Rated Martindale Hubbell
- “Defending Building Product Manufacturers,” DRI Construction Law Institute, Las Vegas, Nevada, April 12, 2019
- “Women in Construction Breakfast,” Keynote Speaker, Florida Bar Construction Law Institute March 8, 2019, Orlando, Florida
- "Hot Topics in Construction Law 2017," Co-Presenter, Conroy Simberg Webinar, November 2017
- "To Defend or Not to Defend: The Dilemma for Carriers, Subcontractors, and Their Counsel," San Diego, California, CLM Construction Conference, October 2017
- “Defending Stucco: Minimizing the Claim and Maximizing your Expert,” DRI Construction Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, March 1-3, 2017
- "David and Goliath: Successfully Litigating a Construction Defect Case for Both the Subcontractor and General Contractor," CLM Construction Conference, September 2016
- "Hurricanes, Floods and Storms," - DRI Construction Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, June 1-3, 2016
- "Construction Destruction: How to Avoid Pitfalls for Carriers and Counsel While Handling Construction Defect Cases," CLM Construction Conference, November 2015
- “Managing the Tripartite Relationship Between Insured, Insurer and Clients,” MC Consultants, June 2015
- “When the Hammer Drops: Handling Construction Accident Claims,” MC Consultants, June 2014
- “After the Storm: Insurance Issues After a Hurricane,” MC Consultants, 2013
- Provide exclusive primary counsel for window manufacturer for last 10 years for products liability and construction defect throughout central and northern Florida.
- Provide primary counsel for balcony concrete/waterproofer subcontractor for last 10 years in construction defect litigation on multi-family residences throughout Central Florida.
- Provide primary defense counsel for general contractor for last 4 years during construction litigation for multimillion-dollar residential condominiums in Orlando, Florida.