John Viggiani manages Conroy Simberg’s Liability Division in Jacksonville and has been providing legal counsel to individuals and companies throughout Florida for more than two decades. He primarily defends claims and lawsuits on behalf of insurers and insureds. John’s primary focus is handling trucking/transportation, professional liability and construction related matters. He also has experience with rental car liability claims. John is admitted to practice in all Florida state and federal courts.
John is a current member of the Jacksonville Bar Association, Florida Defense Lawyers Association, Catholic Lawyers Guild, and the Jacksonville Claims Association. He earned a juris doctor from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, MI and an undergraduate degree in Public Administration from Florida Atlantic University. John is licensed in both Florida and Michigan.
Admitted to Practice:
- Florida, 1988
- Michigan, 1989
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Juris Doctorate, 1987
- Florida Atlantic University, 1984
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Jacksonville Claims Association
- "Technology in Trucking Litigation: a Two-Edged Sword," Co-Presenter, Conroy Simberg Webinar, February 2018
- “Driver Qualifications & Employee Liability in Cases Involving Commercial Vehicles,” Jacksonville Association of Defense Counsel (JADC) Annual Retreat, 2017
- "Cell Phone Liability and Impact on Employers," Florida Claims Symposium, 2014
- Distractibility, Travelers Insurance Seminar, 2014
- Punitive Damages/Condominium Liability, Great American Insurance Seminar, 2014
- 2013 trial of multi-vehicle/trucking accident, with multiple serious injuries including TBI.
- 2013 trial of trucking accident, with multiple serious injuries with each requiring surgery.
- Defending major window manufacturer and caulking sub-contractor in multiple construction defects cases in northern Florida for over 6 years.
- Catholic Lawyers Guild
- Chairman, Christ Renews His Parish Continuation Committee