Robert S. Horwitz practices in insurance litigation with a focus on liability and first party property claims including complex commercial and construction defect cases, homeowners’ claims, mold remediation, fraud, pre-suit investigations, arson, personal injury, wrongful death and business disputes. He has briefed and argued before several Florida District Courts of Appeals on insurance defense and commercial matters.
In addition to general civil trial work, Robert provides advisory risk management counseling and litigation supervision for self-insured risk retention programs. He also provides case management and insurance coverage advice to both corporate and insurance institutions.
Prior to joining Conroy Simberg, Robert was a founding partner of Schwartz & Horwitz, PLC. He is a member of both the Florida and Maryland State Bars and has handled litigation matters in California, North Carolina, Georgia, Washington, D.C., Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Colorado and Canada.
Admitted to Practice:
- Florida, 1998
- Maryland, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2005
- Nova Southeastern University, Juris Doctorate, cum laude, 1998
- While earning his law degree, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert S. Zack, Broward County Judge, in Fort Lauderdale.
- Boston University, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, 1993
- Wall Street Journal Achievement Award
- American Bar Association’s Tort Trial and Insurance Section
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance Organization
- Weathering the Storm of Property Damage Claims, Palm Beach Bar Association, 2018
- Contractors Acting as Public Adjusters: New Florida Laws, How AOB’s Effect Them, 2018
- Hurricanes…How to Stay Out of a Storm of Litigation, 2018
- Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibilities…Property’s ever-changing law, 2017
- Option to Repair- Florida’s Changing Landscape, 2017
- "Post Loss Compliance and Charting the Course of Good Faith Claims Handling," Atlanta 2016
- "Managed Repair," 2015
- "Resolution of an Insurance Claim," 2015
- “The Times They are Changing,” Commercial Policy Conditions, 2014
- “Build The Perfect Engine and Beat the Bad Apples,” Fraud, 2013
- “EUO - Where the Ground Work is Laid,” 2012
- "The Road To The EUO And Avoiding The Bad Faith Path," 2011
- "Catastrophic Property Claims Handling," 2011