Jeffrey K. Rubin is a partner in Conroy Simberg’s West Palm Beach office and focuses on the defense of construction defect, wrongful death, personal injury, and commercial litigation claims. He is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Jeffrey earned a juris doctor from Thomas Jefferson School of Law where he was an officer in three student organizations. He holds a bachelor of arts degree in Political Science, with a specialization certificate in international relations, from the University of Florida.
Admitted to Practice:
- The Florida Bar, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2010
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2007
- Dean’s List
- President, Jewish Student Union
- President, American Constitution Society
- Editorial Page Editor, The Jeffersonian
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science, 2003
- International Relations Specialization Certificate
Honors & Awards:
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2018-2020
- AV® Preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Claims Challenges: Negotiations, Litigation, North American Risk Services, February 2019
- Conroy Simberg Annual Claims Management Seminars, Construction Law Topics, 2014-2018
- Joseph Kaplan v. Wallace Ford
- In conjunction with firm partner Jeffrey Blaker, obtained a defense verdict in a premises liability case.
- Nisa Brown v. Karl Corp
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a property manager and property owners in a premises liability case. The court determined that seed pods falling from a tree were not a dangerous condition.
- Plummer and Graham v. Wright Guard (17thJudicialCircut of Florida)
- Successfully obtained Motion for Summary Judgment in favor of the defendant involving a negligent security wrongful death case.
- O’Donnell v. The Polo Club of Boca Raton (15th Judicial Circuit of Florida)
- Prevailed on Motion for Summary Judgment in case involving allegations of vicarious liability, as well as negligent retention, hiring, and supervision.
- Trempe v. JW Cheatham, LLC
- Prevailed on final summary judgment motion that the defendant roadway contractor was not negligent or a cause of the Plaintiffs’ injuries.
- Millsaps v. Kaltenbach, et al
- In conjunction with partner Jeffrey A. Blaker, obtained a defense verdict in favor of defendant in rear-end auto negligence case.
- XYZ Insurance Company v. Cole, et al
- Successfully obtained a summary judgment in favor of plaintiff insurance carrier in declaratory action.
- Stenberg v. Metz
- Successfully obtained a summary judgment in favor of the defendant in a premises liability case.
- Anderson Builders, Inc. v. Kritikos
- Successfully represented a general contractor in defense of counter claims for negligence, breach of contract, and fraudulent lien, leading to four-week trial.