Jeffrey K. Rubin is a partner in Conroy Simberg’s West Palm Beach office and focuses on the defense of construction defect, wrongful death, personal injury, and commercial litigation claims. Additionally, Jeff has experience in architect/engineer defense and legal malpractice defense work. He is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Jeffrey earned a juris doctor from Thomas Jefferson School of Law where he was an officer in three student organizations. He holds a bachelor of arts degree in Political Science, with a specialization certificate in international relations, from the University of Florida.
Admitted to Practice:
- The Florida Bar, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2010
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2007
- Dean’s List
- President, Jewish Student Union
- President, American Constitution Society
- Editorial Page Editor, The Jeffersonian
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science, 2003
- International Relations Specialization Certificate
Honors & Awards:
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2018-2020
- AV® Preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- "Regulatory Awareness, as Part of the 5 Hour Law and Ethics Update Course for Adjusters," Conroy Simberg Webinar October 2020
- "The Commonly Uncommon Claims for Damages," Conroy Simberg Webinar, Co-Presenter, May 2020
- "Regulatory Awareness, as Part of the 5 Hour Law and Ethics Update Course for Adjusters," North American Risk Services, February 2020
- "Claims Challenges: Negotiations, Litigation," North American Risk Services, February 2019
- Conroy Simberg Annual Claims Management Seminars, Construction Law Topics, 2014-2018
- Joseph Kaplan v. Wallace Ford
- In conjunction with firm partner Jeffrey Blaker, obtained a defense verdict in a premises liability case.
- Nisa Brown v. Karl Corp
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a property manager and property owners in a premises liability case. The court determined that seed pods falling from a tree were not a dangerous condition.
- Plummer and Graham v. Wright Guard (17thJudicialCircut of Florida)
- Successfully obtained Motion for Summary Judgment in favor of the defendant involving a negligent security wrongful death case.
- O’Donnell v. The Polo Club of Boca Raton (15th Judicial Circuit of Florida)
- Prevailed on Motion for Summary Judgment in case involving allegations of vicarious liability, as well as negligent retention, hiring, and supervision.
- Trempe v. JW Cheatham, LLC
- Prevailed on final summary judgment motion that the defendant roadway contractor was not negligent or a cause of the Plaintiffs’ injuries.
- Millsaps v. Kaltenbach, et al
- In conjunction with partner Jeffrey A. Blaker, obtained a defense verdict in favor of defendant in rear-end auto negligence case.
- XYZ Insurance Company v. Cole, et al
- Successfully obtained a summary judgment in favor of plaintiff insurance carrier in declaratory action.
- Stenberg v. Metz
- Successfully obtained a summary judgment in favor of the defendant in a premises liability case.
- Anderson Builders, Inc. v. Kritikos
- Successfully represented a general contractor in defense of counter claims for negligence, breach of contract, and fraudulent lien, leading to four-week trial.