Diversity Mission Statement:
Conroy Simberg is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion at all levels within the firm regardless of race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, economic status, and or other diverse backgrounds so that the firm will reflect the demographics of our clients. Conroy Simberg works closely with the diversity committee to promote its diversity goals, and promote the value of having diverse attorneys in all firm activities. Our firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and it is our policy - from recruitment through employment and promotion - to provide equal employment opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other personal characteristics.
Members of the Conroy Simberg Diversity & Inclusion Committee:
Tashia M. Galloway, Chair (Jacksonville)
|Cristobal A. Casal (Fort Myers)||Joshua Losey (Fort Myers)|
|Stuart F. Cohen (Hollywood)||Melissa G. McDavitt (West Palm Beach)|
|Jacqueline M. Gregory (Hollywood)||William M. Mitchell, Sr. (Tampa)|
|Sharon Hendon (Orlando)||Brittany L. Orlando Weisberg (West Palm Beach)|
|Nicole C. Jackson (Orlando)||Nicole F. Soto (Tampa)|
|Laura LaBianca Puente (Pensacola)||Sarah “May” Swartz (Tallahassee)|
|Alexis D. Lezama (West Palm Beach)||Christopher E. Varner (Pensacola)|
|Atheseus R. Lockhart (Orlando)||Rebecca J. Williams (Hollywood)|
National Bar Association, Broward County Gay & Lesbian Lawyers Network, Cuban-American Bar Association, Asian-Pacific American Bar Association of South Florida, D.W. Perkins Bar Association (Jacksonville), Hillsborough Association Women Lawyers, Tampa Bay Hispanic Bar Association, The Caribbean Bar Association, TJ Reddick Bar Association (Miami), Virgil Hawkins Bar Association (Tallahassee), among others.
- Melissa G. McDavitt, a partner in our firm’s West Palm Beach office, will once again be taking part in the Great Cycle Challenge to fight kids' cancer. This will be Melissa’s fourth year participating in the challenge.
- In 2021, The National Black Lawyers announced Alexis Lezama as one of its Top 40 Under 40 Members in Florida.
- Conroy Simberg was a proud sponsor of the 2021 Hillsborough County Bar Association (HCBA) Diversity & Inclusion Virtual Networking Social. Tampa Attorney Bill Mitchell participated in the Zoom meeting where approximately 100 attendees including law students from schools in Florida were in attendance.
- Conroy Simberg is a sponsor of the 2021 Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association (JWLA) Judicial Reception.
- Nicole Soto, a partner in our Tampa office, has been serving as an Attorney Ad Litem (pro bono representation of children in delinquency proceedings) since 2009 and for Crossroads for Kids since 2012. You can learn here more about Crossroads for Kids, by clicking here.
- Tashia Small, our Diversity Chair and partner in our Jacksonville office, is a member of The Florida Bar Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
- Partners Hinda Klein, chair of the firm's Appellate Department and Jayne Pittman, Chair of the firm's Construction Department, were selected by their peers as 2021 Florida Super Lawyers.