Mr. Mitchell leads the first party property division of the Tampa office of Conroy Simberg, P.A. Practicing primarily in the areas of first and third party property loss disputes and property coverage matters, Mr. Mitchell and his team represent a multitude of insurance carriers handling both litigated claims and pre-suit investigations across the state. In addition, Mr. Mitchell has experience handling business litigation, auto-glass replacement claims, construction defect litigation, and judgment collections. Bill is also a member of Conroy Simberg's Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
Prior to joining Conroy Simberg, Mr. Mitchell worked for the state-wide defense firm of Groelle & Salmon, P.A. Also, Mr. Mitchell previously spent fifteen years working for the United States Air Force in aerospace maintenance. During this time, he deployed over 700 days in support of the on-going Global War on Terrorism.
During law school Mr. Mitchell clerked for the international firm of Hamilton, Miller, & Birthisel, LLP, where he gained valuable experience with first party property as well as a variety of maritime law issues. Also during law school, Mr. Mitchell served as a long-term, judicial clerk to the Honorable Gregory P. Holder, Circuit Court Judge in Hillsborough County, Florida.
Since moving to Tampa in 2007, Mr. Mitchell has become an engaged community leader and advocate for a number of causes including, cancer research and treatment, military veterans, and members of the Reserve Component of the Armed Forces.
Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Stetson University, College of Law, J.D.
- University of Tampa, B.A.
- Community College of the Air Force, A.A.
- Northwest Florida State College, A.A.
- U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio Regional Service Academy Nomination Board, (reappointed since 2018); 2018-2022
- South Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Community Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
Honors & Awards:
- National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution-Bronze Good Citizenship Award, 2019
- Greater Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce; Non-Commissioned Reserve Officer of the Year; 2013, 2017
- National Public Service Award; Nominee on behalf of the Air Force Reserve Command, 2015
- 927th Air Refueling Wing; Ground Crew Member of the Year, 2015
- "Another Day, Another Update: New Approaches to Common Defense Issues in Light of Recent Case Law and Statute Updates," Co-Presenter, Conroy Simberg Webinar, April 2022
- “Development in Light of the Hyde Park Historic Overlay District,” 2015, Café con Tampa
- “The Impact of the Reserve Component on our National Defense”, 2019, Sons of the American Revolution, Saramana Chapter
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, Florida Committee-Area Chair, 2013-Present
- 13th Judicial Circuit Veterans Treatment Court, Veteran Mentor, 2015-Present
- Congressman Gus Bilirakis’ Veteran Advisory Committee, Member, 2019-Present
- Senator Marco Rubio’s Regional Service Academy Selection Board, 2018- 2019
- 2019 Medal of Honor Convention Planning Committee, Event Chair-2019
- Pennies for Pegasus, President, 2017-2018
- Hillsborough County Citizen’s Environmental Advisory Committee, County Commissioner’s appointee, 2016-2018
- Hillsborough County Ellsworth G. Simmons Good Government Award Selection Committee, County Commissioner’s Appointee, 2016-2018
- Moffitt Cancer Center, Volunteer Patient Advocate, 2012-2018
- Air Force Association Reserve Council, Member, 2016-2018
- Hillsborough County Charter Review Board, County Commissioner’s Appointee, 2015