Rodney C. Lundy practices law in the Central Florida region. He has tried cases in Orange, Polk, Seminole, Hernando, Marion, Hillsborough, and Flagler counties, while litigating cases in Pinellas, Lake, Osceola, Volusia, Brevard, Sumter, Alachua, and Duval counties. He has tried many different case types, including uninsured motorists, wrongful death, auto casualty, errors and omissions, environmental, construction defect, products liability, premises liability and litigated numerous cases involving catastrophic injuries with demands in the millions and tens of millions.
Rodney has been with Conroy Simberg since 2000 and was named a partner in 2004. Before joining the firm, he gained unique insight practicing as a plaintiff attorney for his first five years as a lawyer, then as both a defense and plaintiff attorney for an additional six years. As a plaintiff lawyer he tried five cases and handled hundreds of cases, affording him invaluable perspective absent from most defense lawyers. He is proficient with technology, incorporating digital presentations in both mediations and trial. He runs a division in the Orlando office and is responsible for assisting in the oversight of the other associates. He is well known and respected by the Central Florida Bar and judiciary.
Admitted to Practice:
- All State Courts, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William and Mary, L.L.M. in Taxation, 1989
- Nova Law School, Juris Doctorate, 1988
- Washington & Lee University, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Accounting, 1985
Honors and Awards:
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2022-2023, Listed in Florida for Insurance Law; Litigation - Insurance
- "The Florida Road Runner: Auto Accident Liability & Defenses," Co-Presenter, Conroy Simberg Webinar, April 2021
- "Rules of the Road - Auto Liability," Co-Presenter, Conroy Simberg Webinar, July 2017
- Rodney has given many seminars to provide insurance professionals with continuing education credits on various subjects, including auto-related issues, coverage, premises liability, anti-dram shop law, negligent security, construction defect, construction injury, punitive damages, proposals for settlement, and indemnity issues.
- Secured a favorable verdict in Orange County, Florida following a 7 day trial. The case involved an admitted liability auto case with catastrophic injuries to 2 plaintiffs one of whom was outside of their vehicle at the time of the crash. The insured was alleged to have been impaired and punitive damages were submitted to the jury after the liability portion of the case. The jury awarded reasonable compensatory damages in light of the catastrophic injuries. Further, the jury determined that no punitive damages were warranted.
- Secured a favorable verdict for our defendant company and its driver in Lake County following a 5 day trial. The defense admitted liability for the rear-end collision, which was captured on the company’s onboard video system.
- Successfully obtained a summary judgment on the duty to defend and indemnify in a coverage case alleging a pharmacy technician was persuaded into filling a prescription and providing a label for a person other than the one seeking the medication. The court ruled the complaint’s allegations fell within the policy’s professional liability exclusion.