Michael Kraft earned his Bachelor's of Business Administration degree from George Washington University in 1993. Michael received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Miami in 1996.
Michael has always practiced in the insurance defense field and joined Conroy Simberg in 2000. He continues to practice in all areas of general liability and has been the managing partner of the firm’s liability division in the Tampa office since 2006. He has handled and tried numerous complex claims, including wrongful death, products liability, environmental law, negligent security, construction defects, premises liability, malpractice, subrogation, employment law (EEOC and Florida Commission on Human Relations) and automobile liability cases.
Admitted to Practice:
- Florida Bar, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- University of Miami, School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1996
- George Washington University, Bachelor of Business Administration, 1993
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- American Bar Association
- Certified Legal Manager
Honors & Awards:
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2021, Listed in Florida for Insurance Law
- AV® Preeminent rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- "Keep the Faith: The Dos and Don'ts of Bad Faith," Co-Presenter, Conroy Simberg Webinar, April 2017
- Received a summary judgment in a negligent security case involving a shooting where a teenager who was attending a party was struck by a bullet and lost his eye. The defense was that the plaintiff and the shooter were not invited guests and therefore no duty was owed. They both had crashed a sweet sixteen birthday party.